Friday, February 18, 2011

Blame Game

Today there isn't any school, which is definitely a blessing. Presentations, for lack of a better word, have been kicking my ass. I guess they started to feel bad for us. Rightfully so, too. I have this friend named Zola, who's a senior at ASA. She also plays trombone and she's in the top band, Wind Ensemble. I'm in the lowest band, Foundations 1. To give us a sneak preview of the band we'll probably be a part of in a few years, we're having this thing called a side-by-side concert on Tuesday, where we play with them on a few songs. It's been a really fun and cool experience and I've really enjoyed it. But yesterday, when I sat down next to Zola, she seemed really hysterical and hyper. I asked her what was wrong, and she just started laughing almost eerily, and says to me, "It's presentations! I'm losing my f%$*ing mind!" Part of me wanted to laugh, a large part of me actually, and the other part just wanted to put down the trombone and run as far away as I could from ASA. As much as I know that ASA will help me get into what ever college I want, I'm not totally sure I can handle that much stress. I mean, I don't necessarily want to be a senior losing my mind in front of an 8th grader, scaring them away from high school. I'm not sure I can handle that responsibility.

As I sit in the library, I could've sworn that a homeless Spike Lee just walked in with his kid. This dude had the eyes, the look, the walk, except he wasn't 4' 11" and 76 pounds. Not that I don't love every Spike Lee Joint ever, but I mean come on, does the dude only eat arugula and bean sprouts? Then again, after Bamboozled and She Hate Me, you can't really come back from that, even with Inside Man under your belt. And since when did he stop calling them Spike Lee Joints, and start calling them Spike Lee Films. Come on Spike, don't go too mainstream to the point where you can't go back.

Today is John Hughes' birthday, for those of you who didn't know that. The reason I bring that up, is because John Hughes is like, my other father. I love everything that that man has done. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Breakfast Club, Pretty In Pink, Home Alone, Beethoven, Sixteen Candles, and many more. Hughes tragically died 2 years ago in Manhattan of a heart attack. I think everyone should make some time to watch a John Hughes film this week.

I'm thinking of trying to get a new band together, and I'm wondering if there's anyone interested in contacting me about that. So if you are, shoot me an email at rudeandraucous@hotmail.com! Thanks! I'm interested in doing a lot of different genres, so let me know if you've got any ideas.

Recently, I've been utilizing my Twitter account more and more. I basically just post a bunch of one-liners that aren't on my facebook or anything, so if you want to see those, follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/joey123mo. I'm thinking of having a little segment called "Tweet Of The Week". Basically, I would just look back on my tweets from that week and post my favorite one on here. It might pan out, it might not, depending on how much I like my tweets. I have a disorder called Rudeness where I just speak my mind without really thinking about it. I think that makes for some good tweets once in a while.

That's all for now! Thanks for reading this somewhat lame post! I promise the next one will be better, I just had the urge to write, with nothing to write about. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment