Sunday, February 6, 2011

Packers=$50 for Joey!

Today was one of the biggest days of the years. The superbowl. I went to Matt's house to watch it because my Mom and Tom didn't want to watch it, but I had to because I had $50 on it. Anyway, the Packers won, and I got the $50 so I'm pretty happy about that. I had a feeling they would win. I haven't watched a game all season, and yet I win a superbowl bet. How do I do it?

Matt is one of my best and oldest friends; I've known him for almost three years. I posted a facebook status saying how I wanted to go to someone's house for the game, and not 20 minutes later, I get a call from him saying, "Hey dude, wanna come over?!" It's like he's stalking me. Fast forward three hours, I get to his place and he's playing a Pink Floyd song in the garage. Please note that he had spent the past 3 hours sending me a text every five minutes asking me where I was.

We go up to his room, or his man-cave. He's got four guitars, and a drum set in his closet. On the TV is 1,000 Ways To Die, and he's got a huge window view of the rest of his block, where he probably flashes his testicles to the neighbors. I was looking around, trying to telepathically burn his DVD of Smokey and the Bandit, when all of a sudden, he starts playing Andrew Jackson Jihad off of his iPod! All I could think was, YES! The word has spread! I kind of realized that people who read my blog really take what I say about music and listen. Kind of makes me feel like a musical advocate for the rest of the world.

My condensed film review of the day is Biutiful. It stars Javier Bardem, one of the best actors of this generation. He's a medium who's got a terminal illness. With two months left to live, he contemplates how he is going to leave his children. His ex-wife is borderline psychotic, and he really has no friends. This is one of those films that really can't be described with a simple plot description. It's such a complex, symbolic, inter-connected, and interesting, that you have to see it to believe it. Biutiful, as beautiful as it is, is also one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. Not because it has gruesome violence or rape, it's because it's such a hauntingly realistic, and unsettling film, that it makes you realize, this is actualy happening all over the world. Overall, Biutiful is a must-see for those with a long attention span (it's 147 minutes long), and a lot of will power. I give this film an A-, it really deserved it. You can read my full review of it on http://www.blogforteens.com/!

So, an acting opportunity has "come to light" for me. It's being in If Found: Do Not Return. I've been repeatedly offered the lead role, the main killer if you will, and I've denied and denied it until now. I finally accepted, among other reasons, because I think it might be a fun experience for me. I'm not sure why exactly, but I think it will. I mean, how many people get to star in a movie where they're killers at 14? Not a lot. I still have to do a couple readings and make sure that I really want the part, but I think I'm going to do it.

Thanks for reading today's post guys! Send all questions, ideas, comments, concerns, etc. to rudeandraucous@hotmail.com! Also follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/joey123mo! Thanks! Oh, and Tumblr! www.tumblr.com/joey123mo!

No comments:

Post a Comment