Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Coffee, with a New York Accent

It's been a week since I posted on here, and it sucks not being able to more often, but you know, I do have a life to live every once in a while. Sorry for not being at your disposal whenever you need some entertainment. Let me just get to what I did this weekend.

Thursday after school, I went to a dance at my old school, ACAA called the White-Out Dance. It was supposed to be a rave-type dance with glowsticks and everything like that. The only reason I went was because I missed all of my old friends, and it's pretty much the only legal way I can see them all at school (kidding). Anyway, I get there, and I get like a thousand hugs at the same time, a warm reminder that I am in fact, home. The dance started, and as usual, I was a little shy to get on the dance floor, but by 9:00, those inhibitions were pretty much gone.

For most of the first hour I just walked around, talking to old friends and my former Social Studies teacher Ms. Schaiberger, the coolest teacher under the sun. I was a little disappointed that Mr. Sharp wasn't there though, I was looking forward to seeing him.

By 10:00, I was really sad to leave, knowing that I wouldn't be back for a while.

Friday was costume day at my school, ASA, and I didn't even dress up. School spirit! One of my friends Chloe gave me a wig to wear, and instantly, I was Joan Jett. See how magical I am?

After school, I went to the bowling social, getting a ride with Alana, Simon's sister, and Simon's dad. Simon had a guitar lesson, so he couldn't go. The social was a lot of fun, and I proved how terrible at bowling one person can possibly be. I completely lost all hope in myself and switched to the thing I do best, play pool. I played with Emma West, and felt so bad for her towards the end that I just let her win. We gathered a crowd, and suddenly everyone wanted to play me, but that's when the pizza came, so that all fell through.

Alana and I got picked up at 6, and went to Simon's temple. Simon's family is Jewish, and they had just switched temples, so he had to go, and I tagged along. At first, I was extremely scared to even walk in there, but 10 minutes in, I actually realized how fun it was. Simon and I ditched though about 20 minutes early. We went out to the playground and talked with his sister, waiting for his parents to get out.

Simon's dad gave us a ride to where my mom was going to pick us up, Blockbuster on Shea and Tatum.

We bought a couple movies (Greenberg and Limits Of Control), drove home, watched them both, and I bought the new Rumspringa album on iTunes (WHOO).

The next morning was haunted house day. Me, Simon, and some other people that I didn't know were going to be working a haunted house, scaring kids. The first 20-25 minutes I was nervous on how much I should scare the kids, but soon after, those thoughts were gone, and I was literally scaring the piss out of everyone. There was this one little girl in particular that I scared so badly, I almost felt bad. She started to cry hysterically, and practically jumped into her parents arms. I couldn't help but laugh a little.

My mom picked us up, and dropped Simon home. We went home and got ready for that night. We went to a Venice Baroque Orchestra performance, performing The Four Seasons and Philip Glass' American Four Seasons. Being a huge Philip G. fan, I was extremely excited, but when I got there, I was disappointed by the fact that he wasn't actually there, as my parents had let on. Regardless of his presence or not, the performance was beautiful, and I was blown away by the talent of the orchestra.

Sunday, was, oh yes...I'll say it, Halloween! Frantically driving around Phoenix to get the perfect costume, I stumbled upon it in Goodwill, for 24 dollars. It was THE suit. So, we bought it, rushed home, got ready, and drove to Madison's/Willa's party. I got there, completely overdressed, but still excited. Simon got there about 5 minutes after us, and altogether, it was Simon, Me, Lizz, Hannah, Willa, Madison, Candace, Tammy, and some other kids that I'm forgetting now. Willa's house is also beautiful, and her parents were really nice to all of us. We left at about 7:45 to go Trick'R'Treating, and for the whole time, Hannah was constantly complaining about something or another; we still love her though. Out of boredom, Simon started beatboxing and I did freestyle raps to pass the time, and they were actually funny.

There were these Mexican kids bothering us, so Simon and I yelled at them to shut up, and they started chasing after us. We ran away pretty quickly after that.

Getting back at 8:45 so I can get picked up, Halloween was a fun night. The rest of the week wouldn't go so well.

Due to Parent/Teacher conferences, this guy right here is grounded a mere 3 weeks before his birthday....how rude. Kidding, I probably deserved it. But until further notice, I'm grounded, and it sucks.

Okay, so now this extremely long blog post is over, and you are now caught up, congratulations.

A shout-out to Ross Marquand again, for getting in touch with me. If you haven't read by now, Ross Marquand is the star of the excellent film, A Lonely Place For Dying, which I hope sees a wide release soon.

You stay classy San Diego

1 comment:

  1. "Id like to invite you to a pants party. its a party, in my pants."

    ReplyDelete