Sunday, November 14, 2010

If Found: Do Not Return

This morning, I woke up, got off the couch, and went to get a little water. When I returned to my bed that is the couch, my mom was there, looking at my hair. She started to run her hand through it and said to me, "Joey, you need a haircut...bad." I denied it, saying it wasn't even that long yet, and I still had about a week before it was overdue. Her response was something that only my mother could think of, and it'll probably stay with me for the rest of my life. "Joey, you need a haircut, your hair looks like you've got a head full of pubes." She walked away, and I just stood there, waking up.

Today, I'm here to talk about the new film from local Phoenix filmmaker, Nikki Wedemeyer, called If Found: Do Not Return. It follows three teenage runaways, Kemper, Elizabeth, and Lindsay. They are serial killers, and Lindsay documents all the footage on her camera in an attempt to produce a snuff film out of it. Writer/Director Nikki Wedemeyer asked me to help her out here on my blog. She's having a little trouble with some of the casting, so she's having an open casting call to anyone interested in a role. Trust me, I helped co-write some of the script, and I can vouch for Nikki when I say, this is a good movie. It's got a lot to say, and I know that Nikki's got a plan in that messed up little head of hers.

Now, those who are interested may be asking yourselves, how do I get into contact with Nikki if I don't know her. Well, funny that you say that, because I posted a link...right here.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/youknowyouwantthisurl

You can add or message Nikki about the part. She's very nice don't even worry, most of the time at least. Don't piss her off or she'll slit your throat with her fingernails. Kidding, she's super cool and totally understanding. Even if you have no acting experience and want to try it out, send her a message.

Ok, second part of today's advertising. My friend Simon and I have a band, called Half Nelson (we're under Gorki Park on Facebook, but that doesn't matter). We are in dire need of a singer, so we can get into a studio by around January.

Current members of the band are:

Joey Rodriguez (Me) Rhythm/Lead Guitar-http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/joey123mo

Simon Gutkin: Bass-http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/simon.gutkin

Lizz Marshall: Rhythm/Lead Guitar-http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1580813241

Madison Ward: Drums-http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000196802540

For questions about the position of lead singer, you should probably contact either me first and if you can't seem to get in touch with me for some strange reason, then Lizz and Simon are the next best choices.

I think I'm all sponsored out today. Oh, one more thing. For, some reason, I decided to start my twitter page back up, I guess to promote the band and the blog. If you want to check it out, there's a link for that too right here. http://twitter.com/joey123mo

I'm also planning on getting my YouTube channel back up very soon, so look out for that too.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment