Friday, January 28, 2011

Vince Vaughn needs to get funny again...

Seriously. I saw The Dilemma, and it was pretty funny, but after Couples Retreat, there isn't much you can do that can shadow that dung of a movie. Not joking, Couples Retreat was the equivalent of Lily Tomlin fighting with David O. Russell (I Heart Huckabees' special features anyone?) Anyway, Vince Vaughn, you're on the right track, we need another Swingers. This is for the best.

I was hanging out with my friend Milan in front of ASA, blasting disgustingly vulgar Tenacious D songs, waiting for a child to repeat the lyrics to "Tribute." That'll be the day. The day that I know the world is heading in a positive direction.

The Oscar nominations were finally released! I'm so excited that The King's Speech was awarded 12 nominations, the most out of any other film on the ballot. True Grit is the runner up with 10. To see the full list of nominations, which I recommend you do, go to www.oscars.go.com!

I'm watching Eddie Murphy: Raw right now, one of the funniest stand-up specials known to man, but I just got done watching one of my favorite movies, The Virgin Suicides. It's a film about 5 teenage girls, all part of the Lisbon family. The film chronicles their short lived lives until their inevitable demise as indicated by the film's title. The film, directed by my favorite filmmaker Sofia Coppola, is a masterpiece. It stars James Woods, one of the best actors of his time. It also stars Kirsten Dunst and Josh Hartnett. I'm not going to spend too much time on what the movie is about, more about why I love it so much.

The Virgin Suicides is a very interestingly written film. Its first act is surprisingly dark, but slightly humorous in some ways. The second act is the best, and really lets you get to know the characters for who they re

ally are, but its the third act that really hits home. After an hour and 10 minutes of very interesting, comically dark, but still intriguing story, suddenly, there's a mass suicide of four girls. The scene in which the girls are discovered will forever remain in my mind, not because its graphic, but because the way its presented makes you imagine the horrible images that go with suicide, not because you want to, or even have to, but you need to.

All I can say is, watch The Virgin Suicides. You will not regret it. Unless you have 5 teenage girls to handle, then maybe it's not such a good idea.

On a lighter note, you should really check out Not For Public Use Productions and their new website. The company is run mostly by Nikki Wedemeyer and Lizz Marshall, but I'm also a co-founder of sorts. As you can tell from the name, it's mostly a horror production company, and you should check it out! http://notforpublicuse.tumblr.com/

Coincidentally, the site is part of tumblr. I've been very interested in creating a tumblr recently, since it seems like a lot of people I know are using it. I mostly advertise on facebook and twitter, but a tumblr wouldn't hurt. We'll see.

Once again, don't forget to send your emails to rudeandraucous@hotmail.com!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment